Do you want to remove oils, secretions, toxins, and contaminants from your skin? Go no further! I have a great clay mask recipe for you to help detoxify your skin. Read Enlighten Life’s post on bentonite clay to better understand all the amazing benefits it provides.
This mask incorporates bentonite clay and some incredible ESSENTIAL OILS! Essential oils truly are the bomb! There are oils out there for almost anything. The purifying properties will leave you with the silkiest smoothest skin!
Historical accounts of humans using ‘healing clay’ began with Aristotle (384-322 BC) Healing practices of ancient cultures, as well as modern society, have depended on clay minerals with powerful adsorptive and absorptive properties to treat a variety of topical maladies. Clay minerals are ubiquitous in nature and their adsorptive and absorptive capabilities have been exploited in a variety of cosmetics and pharmaceutical formulations.
- A glass container with a tight seal, a small mason jar and band would work wonderfully
- A non-metal spoon for mixing
- 1/2 cup Bentonite Clay
- 1/2 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 drops of Frankincense
- 4 drops of Melaleuca
- 5 drops of Grapefruit
- 3 drops of Eucalyptus
- Place Bentonite Clay in your glass jar
- Slowly pour in the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar while stirring with your wooden or other non-metal spoon. Fizzing is totally normal. Keep stirring.
- Once the dry and liquid parts are combined add in the essential oils and blend thoroughly
- It should resemble a smooth mask-like texture. If it does not, you can add more clay or ACV to reach desired consistency
- Finger paint on the mask to your face, neck, chest, shoulders, back, or any area you wish. Avoid sensitive areas and keep out of your eyes.
- Leave on for +/- 8 minutes or until it starts to dry and crack on your face.
- Make certain to store in an airtight container or mason jar with its metal band so your mask won't dry out!
Make certain to not have any of the mixture touch metal. It will decrease its effectiveness. You should have several masks out of this one recipe depending on the surface area you are applying it to 🙂
Mahaney WC, Milner MW, Mulyono H, Hancock RGV, Aufreiter S, Reich M, Wink M. Mineral and chemical analyses of soils eaten by humans in Indonesia. International Journal of Environmental Health Research. 2000;v. 10:93–109.
The essential life: A simple guide to living the wellness lifestyle. (2015). Place of publication not identified: Total Wellness Publishing.
Williams, L. B., & Haydel, S. E. (2010, July 01). Evaluation of the medicinal use of clay minerals as antibacterial agents. Retrieved July 01, 2016, from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904249/
I use bentonite clay all the time! Love the idea of mixing it with essential oils. Will definitely be trying this! 🙂
Yay Celess, glad you enjoyed the article!!!! If you don’t have essential oils definitely check them out through mydoterra.com/enlightenlife ! you will LOVE them!
Comments are closed.