This is the perfect morning quiche for a relaxing weekend brunch or an early morning meeting. Warning: this quiche is FULL of flavor.
My favorite part of this recipe is the roasted garlic! Even if you are not a garlic fan, let me try and persuade you. Roasted garlic has a much different flavor profile than regular raw garlic. It is much more mild and tolerable even for those of you whose guts can’t handle raw garlic. The longer garlic is cooked the more mild and sweet it will taste. It is a great addition to any dish and it’s hard to add too much with its mellow flavor.
Garlic has antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Raw garlic is great for the immune system and has been used medicinally for years!
The biggest benefit of this breakfast recipe is the amount of protein and fat. In one serving, which I consider 1/4 of the pie, there are about 15+ grams of protein!! Eating a high protein and high fat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking will help optimize your metabolism. More importantly, it can regulate and reset your leptin levels if they are not ideal. Optimal leptin levels are necessary for proper energy, weight management, mood, and sleep patterns. When you skip breakfast your body slows its metabolism to conserve energy. Eating a high carbohydrate breakfast can negatively affect your leptin levels as well. This recipe is protein rich with organic eggs, spinach, and goat cheese. It’s fat rich in coconut oil, coconut shortening, butter, and goat cheese.
This is also very easy to make crust-less if you are avoiding grains, gluten free or not!
- 1 1/4 cups Organic All Purpose Flour + 2-3 Tablespoons
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoons grassfed unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons of Nutiva Organic Shortening
- 1/4 cup chilled water
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or bacon grease
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 4 cups of packed organic spinach
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 cup raw milk or organic half and half cream
- 6 oz of goat cheese
- 5 oz of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut the tips off a garlic bulb, about a 1/4 inch down
- Peel off as much of the flaky outside as possible
- Wrap in aluminum foil
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, test garlic bulb to ensure it is cooked all the way
- Let cool
- Mix flour and salt together
- Cut butter into cubes
- Fold in butter cubes and shortening slowly with a a couple fork or pastry cutter (don't over mix in)
- Slowly add in water until there are large clumps, don't add too much, if you don't use the full 1/4 cup thats okay
- Use the 2-3 Tablespoons of flour to flour hands and work surface
- Transfer dough to work surface and form a round ball
- Roll dough ball out until it is 1 inch thick
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate over night
- The next morning roll out dough starting from the center and working outward
- Place quiche crust in your pie/quiche dish, press dough into corners, and trim excess dough from the edges and bake for 15 minutes before adding egg mix!
- Butter your quiche dish and continue to the egg bake steps
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Add Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or bacon grease to pan
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of bulb and mash up
- Add roasted garlic and spinach to pan and stir, while it is sautéing...
- Drain sun dried tomatoes from olive oil and dice
- Add sun dried tomatoes, eggs, milk, goat cheese, salt, and pepper to the KitchenAid and mix
- Add in sautéed spinach and roasted garlic
- Slowly pour egg bake part into quiche dish
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done
Make quiche crust and roast the garlic the night before and refrigerate!
[…] ? My favorite dish and kitchen must have is this quiche dish from Crate & Barrel. Here is another quiche recipe if you enjoy the idea of breakfast […]
Comments are closed.