Who doesn’t love a cold refreshing smoothie? Maybe its this heat, or maybe it’s wanting an easy meal that doesn’t involve turning the stove top on…either way…I am loving smoothies at the moment.
The base for the last few concoctions I’ve experimented with has been spinach! Drinking spinach is much faster and easier than eating a spinach salad, I think we can all agree.
7 Benefits of Eating Spinach:
- 3.5 grams of spinach is 25% of your iron daily need
- It contains phytonutrients and antioxidants, combat free radicals, inflammation, and disease.
- 3.5 grams of spinach is 402% of your daily vitamin-K requirement.
- It contains B-complex vitamins, great for energy!
- 3.5 grams of spinach contains 47% of daily recommended levels of vitamin C. (one of the best antioxidants)
- It also contains essential minerals: calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
- and of course…. a great source of fiber!
To read more about the nutritional benefits of mangoes check out another Enlighten Life Recipe that incorporated mangoes too!
I would recommend using fresh fruit but frozen works fine too!
Show Foods. (2016, May). Retrieved August 14, 2016, from https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/3167?fg=