Compost? Throw out? nahhh … save and EAT!
With all the tasty winter squash recipes coming up this season we can’t forget about the seeds! It is super easy to just scoop out the seeds and discard. Take an extra few minutes and make a healthy fresh snack for you, your honey, or your kids. Roasted with nothing more than butter and salt tastes great, but who doesn’t like a little flavor. This recipe highlights cumin. Cumin is a popular spice in many Middle Eastern, Indian, and Spanish foods. It mixes well with a variety of other spices as well which makes it very versatile.
Benefits of Cumin
- Cumin can enhance your memory
- It possesses anti-stress properties
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- Can help asthmatic patients breathe easier with its bronchodialating properties
- The active ingredient of cumin, C. cyminum, helps restore immunity in immune compromised people
Boskabady, M. H., Mohsenpoor, N., & Takaloo, L. (2010, August 17). Result Filters. Retrieved October 04, 2016, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20149611
Chauhan, P. S., Satti, N. K., Suri, K. A., Amina, M., & Bani, S. (2010, April 15). Result Filters. Retrieved October 04, 2016, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20156427
Koppula, S., & Choi, D. K. (n.d.). Result Filters. Retrieved October 04, 2016, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21639683